With us living in an era which has gone technology crazy it is safe to say that in todays day and age if you aren’t online in some form then you don’t exist.
But what about once you get online…..? It doesn’t just stop there. Ensuring your online infrastructure stays timely and relevant means constant development and ongoing maintenance.
Here’s the reasons why:
- Information support, ie updates and changes to your site is crucial in keeping your website up in the Google ranks. Site content plays a huge role in search optimization.
- If a website does not have regular maintenance then they become vulnerable to cyber attacks, spam and security breaches
- Future re-branding etc can be cumbersome if left and eventually can cause disconnect from customer base. If there is a proper website maintenance plan in place; then incremental changes over time will ensure continued success, relevance and engagement. Saving time and money in the long run
- Users have a very short attention span. Any website taking longer than 3 seconds has a predicted bounce rate of 32%. Maintain user engagement by observing the latest trends and updating website content regularly.
- Over time features become obsolete if not updated. This can result in a loss of website functionality and a bad website is a bad image to potential customers
- Not frequently maintaining your website and updating information means if the resource slows and stops then the visitors to the site decrease. As a result search engines lower such a site in their ranks
And here’s what you need to do to keep your website happy, healthy and performing:
- Your site should reflect all changes or significant activity in your business including the latest news and updates
- Editing existing and writing new texts, changing images etc helps keep the website up to date and relevant
- Apply the latest security updates, features and patches to ensure optimal cyber security for your website
- Respond quickly to enquiries from the website
- Aim for positive google reviews
- Having an advertisement of your business elsewhere on the internet
- Frequently update your product information, promotions running, new staff, big wins etc
- Having a monthly blog post on your site
Website Maintenance Perth
Optimizing and maintaining a website is something which takes time and a level of skill but don’t worry as we are here to help!
Talk to us today about our low cost monthly maintenance packages and keep your website healthy today !